Monday, October 18, 2010

Modular Madness Critique

Monday 10/18/2010 students were critiqued for the modular madness assignment which consisted of collecting +100 objects and arranging them in a manner to produce a composition.  My piece was second in line to be critiqued by Bill, Kathy, and the class.  Although Bill informed me that my decisions were made accurately, there were still a few characteristics of my piece that were in question.  He addressed the issue of unreason that existed in the "beginning and end" of my piece, and he felt that there were issues with the lack of consistency in process of rusting the nails in my piece.  I had not done my research on how different types of treated steel react to the devices(vinegar and salt) I was told to use by Kathy to achieve the effect of rusting.  For the majority my piece has been nailed with galvanized steel nails which have a hardier level of resistance to rusting as compared to the minority of nails used, the bright common, which practically rusted over night.  Kathy felt the amount of rusting I lacked or possessed worked for my piece, and expressed that the divide between the galvanized steel and the bright common was working for my piece as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment