Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cardboard Critique

                                  Cardboard Gumball is ready to be critiqued.

I was satisfied with my results for this project because I felt it represented the gumball realistically and naturally(which was my intention) by achieving the general sphere form of the object, creating space and texture between each "spike" or "bird mouth", making a last minute adjustment to the stem which gave it a frail appearance, and I was informed today that my decision to round off the end of the spikes gave it a more natural or maybe organic feel to the piece which was good to hear.  Though I produced a piece that strongly resembles a gumball, classmates, instructors, and myself were able to identify minor issues with my piece.  The amount of glue used to hold this piece together was on a larger scale than I anticipated and it showed, literally.  In more places than less where I had joined two planes of cardboard to close the space between the spikes hot glue had overflowed or had been spread around on the cardboard.  The amount of glue shown was large enough to distract the viewer(s) during a close-up investigation of the piece.  

No comments:

Post a Comment